On any drive through town, you are likely to see homes with vinyl siding. Its popularity is not unmerited, but before you commit to a major project on your property, it is essential to make sure this is the right choice in exterior design for your needs. Therefore, before you contact our siding company in St. Louis County, MO, consider the following advantages and drawbacks:
- Relatively Energy-Efficient
- Versatile Choice of Colors
- Low Maintenance
- May Increase Neglected Home Value
- Environmentally Damaging Manufacture
- Easily Damaged by Impacts & Other Pressures
- Inappropriate for Historic Homes
- May Damage Brick or Stone
- My Decrease Older Home Value
In short, vinyl is a great choice when you have a modern home or one that might have been left derelict for some time. It also requires little upkeep and is not very expensive to install. At the same time, it is not a good option for older homes that might be better served by another material or exterior option.
Fortunately, most reputable siding providers know this and can help you decide if vinyl is your best option. When you are uncertain whether to invest in this popular feature, rely on the industry professionals at GoEcoExteriors to offer insight that is specific to your situation.